Collaboration with Pigeon Atelier for Caprine Soaps


I am used to photographing food; my life often seems to revolve around my next meal and I have always found beauty in the mess that becomes of my kitchen when ingredients are chopped and scattered all over. There are so many possibilities with food that I never really thought much of photographing non-edible products.

While I did welcome the idea of shooting goat milk soaps for Caprine, I was surprised at how much fun I had that day, playing with completely different props and creating lovely setups with  Maryse. When I think about it though, it is only natural that I would enjoy working with other small businesses. Supporting small and local is such a huge part of my daily life and at the very core of my beliefs, whether it been a food related business or not, that it makes sense that it would extend to my professional career.

We have another small company shoot coming up soon and I hope that this is the beginning of a very long career styling and photographing handmade artisan goods of all sorts. I absolutely adore the idea of talented people making a living working with their hands, creating what they are passionate about; if I can help in any way by making their product shine on their website or helping spread the word about their company, then I will be a very happy lady. 




N.B. Caprine soaps are available at La Chevrière de Monnoir.