Brooklyn

I don't often share photos from past seasons, but it's been awfully cold lately and there's something enjoyable about working on summer images on the computer while snowflakes fall outside my window. I thought I should post some anyway, if only to make me dream of warmer days. 
Last July, I went to New York for a workshop at Sunday Suppers. Though I have visited this city dozens of times in the past, I can never get enough of it. Inexplicably, it feels like home and fills me with energy and inspiration more than any other place I have ever been to. Our accommodation for the week was a beautiful old apartment in Williamsburg. It was the second time that I found a place in Brooklyn and I grow to like it more and more with every stay; the pace is as relaxing as it is energizing and creatively speaking, it doesn't get better than that; there are interesting people doing amazing things everywhere you look and not a Starbucks in sight. Brooklyn has so many beautiful spaces with history and character, it's nice to see that they are put to good use by talented people with vision. Here's a few shots from last summer's getaway; I'm looking forward to sharing some photos of the workshop very soon.